Hampton Art | 'Use it or Lose it'

Friday, June 27, 2014

Thank goodness it's Friday!

Recently I had a little re-organise of my craft space and I realised just how much of it I don't use so I've made a conscious decision to 'use it or lose it'. So, I opened my drawer of embossing folders and decided that it was high time I gave them the attention they deserve.

DESIGNED FOR | Hampton Art
PROJECT | Hi Card



STEPS |
1. Firstly I cut and folded my card so that it measured 5" x 4" folded.
2. The patterned paper panel (5" x 3.75") was adhered using pop dots and positioned to the right of the card which allowed the 1/4" overhang on the left.
3. The white top panel (5" x 3.5") was embossed first and then adhered in position.
4. All the embellishing elements to the card were layered, again using foam pop dots and then to finish the card I added a few gems and then finally the die-cut wise word sticker sentiment.

PAPERS |
Hampton Art/Ki Memories - A Color Story Page Kit
Neenah Solar White Cardstock

EMBELLISHMENTS |
Hampton Art/Ki Memories - A Color Story Page Kit


  post signature

4 comments:

  1. Yup! I know EXACTLY what you're saying! Those embossing folders are spider homes for all I know! BRILL card - the hot air balloon is gorgeous......love that you embossed on white, for the bg too----- looks subtle but 'there' at the same time:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you went back to your embossing folders, you've inspired me with your mini tutorial as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great way to use the embossing folder! love this card..x

    ReplyDelete
  4. as always......brilliant!

    ReplyDelete