A Rainbow of Alphas

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Red and Yellow and Pink and Green,
Purple and Orange and Blue,
I can sing a rainbow,
Sing a rainbow,
Sing a rainbow too!

A love for the colours of the rainbow is almost a pre-requisite when designing for Doodlebug and having a rainbow song stuck in your head whilst you are crafting is a regular occurrence too. This layout is a colourful take on my design team challenge to use 'alphas in a creative way'.




I've had this design roughly scribbled into my sketch pad for a very long time and finally I was able to put the plan into action. I just hadn't thought about what title I was going to use until I started looking through the embellishments and I came across the little yellow moon and everything fell into place. And lucky for me, I had exactly the right amount of rows to make it work!


First step was to measure out even spaces for each row and then apply the washi tape across the cardstock and trim off an even amount on each side.


Next step was to work out a balanced position for the photos and positioning each word next to each pic. There was a bit of moving around before I was happy with the combination.


One of the best ways to use your alpha stash is to choose different colours and designs for each word as it lessens the risk of running low on a particular letter before you finish your title... and how often has everyone run into that trap? Yes, I'm lifting my hand high!


Then for the fun stuff... embellishing! I always position the largest pieces first and fill all the little gaps with the smallest bits and bobs. And believe me, my desk ends up in a huge mess but it's heaps of fun.


All products used are available at SCRAPBOOK.COM


post signature

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! So pretty and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my---that is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing!! I love all Rainbow Things!!!
    Our Challege today is, to lift your Rainbow-Layout....
    We'll see....
    Thanks for your Inspiration and this super Tutorial!
    Bine

    ReplyDelete