Wall Art | JILLIBEAN SOUP GUEST DESIGNER

Thursday, April 5, 2018

I was recently given the opportunity to guest design for Jillibean Soup and instantly fell in love with the earthy and rustic products. Guest designing is a wonderful opportunity to work with items you don't often get to use and Mixed Media just happens to be one of those products. 




My daughter found this wall art piece in my design box and instantly laid claim to it so I decided to decorate it for her to use on her bedroom door.


To create the letter 'G' I used an electronic cutting machine to create the initial on plain paper and simply placed it over the wood piece before adhering the embellishments to fill the cut-out.


TIP: I wanted the wood accent butterflies to stand out against the wood background so I coloured them using an opaque white pen.


Initial 'G' Wood Plank

Supplies:
Jillibean Soup
Mix The Media: Surfaces 10"x10" Wood White Wash Plank
Embellishments: Shaker Wood Veneers - Butterflies, Farm House Pea Pod/Die Cuts, Felt Flowers - Nosey Navy
Shape Shakers: Sequin Shaker Fillers - Green
Stickers: Farm House Stew Puffy Stickers, Farm House Stew Co-ordinating Stickers, Farm House Stew Soup Labels

Other: Fiskars hand held flower and heart punch, Foam Pop Dots, Opaque White Pen.

Melinda Spinks

1 comment: